CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

Roadtrip on an island???... Possible!

Yesterday I literally worked all day long!! 11.5 hours to be precise. Both the men and women's soccer teams traveled to the Big Island and back in one day. So in the morning I had to make two trips to the airport taking both teams, and then at night I had to go pick them up from the airport! I was working for 5.5 hours in the morning and 6 in the evening. It was a crazy day driving from one end of the island to the other end 4 times haha. I think I have it memorized by now. But its a good thing the scenery wasn't boring. Half of the drive is right between the shore and the huge green mountains! So pretty :)
In the middle of the day, I had a few hours break so Kellie and I carved pumpkins for Halloween. It was really fun but lets not pretend that we are master carvers. Our pumpkins struggled a little bit. Kellie carved a pirate but wasn't satisfied how it looked so she carved a dinosaur on the back haha. And I carved Squidward from Spongebob. Creative or what? You don't have to tell me twice :)
Squidward (left) and Pirate (right)
On my evening drive when I was driving the guys team back to campus, we all stopped for dinner at this new place called Surfin' Tacos. Its basically CAFE RIO - Hawaiian style!!! Best meal I have had in a long time, plus it was paid for by the school, and I was also getting paid while eating it on the job :) That right there completed the whole day! I had a long day and was tired by the end but it actually turned out to be a pretty good day. This just goes to prove that road trips are possible on an island..... if you drive to the other side and back 4 times :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment