CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

House of the Lord!

As you all probably know, the Laie Hawaii Temple is open to the public for the open house. Each night they need volunteers to come clean inside and out of the temple to keep everything perfect due to the thousands of people that go through everyday. My ward was assigned a night to clean it and people were asked to volunteer and to come at 9:30pm - 11:30pm. I was one of 30 people that volunteered to go. When we got there, we got a personal tour through the temple and got to see the remodeled inside, learn about all the symbolism, and hear some stories that aren't normally told to the public. It was a very cool experience, especially since there were only about 30 of us in the entire temple. I felt the spirit so strong and it was an awesome experience to be a part of. After the tour, we were all assigned areas to clean and I was assigned to wipe down the light posts and railings outside the entrance of the temple. The temple is so pretty and its cool how it is the highest point in Laie so we could look out and see everything. Since Laie is a small city with hardly any city lights, I can always see the temple just glowing in the night sky on the hill from wherever I am. I love being so close to the temple. I can't wait to go do baptisms in it around Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment