CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fourteener

I hiked my first Fourteener! For those who don't know what a Fourteener is, it is a hike that is at least 14,000 ft in elevation. The Fourteener that I hiked is called Grays and Torreys. I hiked it with my roommate from Hawaii, Micaela, my co-worker, Robin, and her roommate, Lindsay. It took about 4 hours total and it was probably the hardest hike I have ever done... which isn't saying much because I am not a very experienced hiker...  but it was still hard and I finished! It was definitely worth it!!

Lindsay, Micaela, Me, and Robin



We had to sign the roll proving we made it to the top
Such a pretty view from up there!
I made it!!!
Me and Micaela at the top


On the way down, we saw 3 mountain goats super close to us!



2 comments:

Sharon and Spencer said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Good job hiking so high. Just think about all the calories you burned! See ya next month.

Mercer Family said...

Take me with you next time!!!! Was it easy to do? Is there a clear trail? 4 hours is great! How many miles was it?

Post a Comment